Home Forums The World Am Bulletin Board My unfortunate run in with a stroke shaver (2020 World Am) – Story and advice.. Reply To: My unfortunate run in with a stroke shaver (2020 World Am) – Story and advice..

Billy Johnson
Participant

In my experience, short of blatant cheating…WA will not DQ someone. Having said that, the computer will retroactively take strokes away, because someone shot “too good”. I get their are tons of baggers out there. But my experience last year taught me that theirs nothing we can do, and that WA will do what they deem right/wrong…no matter the facts.

One of my rounds, a gentleman decided he didn’t feel like playing in the our threesome (of which he was scheduled to do so), and decided to play with a couple of his buddies because the 3rd member of their group didn’t show up. I confronted him, and the starter at the course about that. Nothing was done.

When I contacted WA after our round, they informed me that it was a violation and that he would be DQ’d. Apparently he was not….and his name continued to be listed in the rankings. He finished Top5…which meant he apparently collected his gift card for it.

Short of shooting multiple exceptional scores, or fudging a score…I’m sure what else can get anyone DQ’d. Especially when I was told that he would be. I just don’t know.

Good luck to all…

Call Us at 1-800-833-8798

HTML Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com