Home Forums The World Am Bulletin Board Declaring Which Ball To Score With

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

If in the course of the round you implement the option of playing two balls you MUST declare before playing either ball which ball is the one you want to score with should a ruling go your way.

The perfect scenario would be if a player was playing a par 3 and pulled the shot left into a flower bed which was not marked and wanted relief and was unaware of the ruling

The player then indicates that he wants to play two balls. At this time he MUST declare which ball he wants to score with, that is the one not in the flower bed.

The player then plays the first from the flowers and then plays a great shot chipping in for a 2.
    He then must play the second ball for which he stated he wanted to score with. He chips it short, chips on the two putts for a 5.

He then must await the ruling. If there is no releif they lucked out and the 2 will stand. If there is releif then the 5 must stand, bad luck. IF after chipping in with the first the player decided to pick up and not play the second ball after declaring that was the ball they wanted to score with once again it comes down to the ruling. If their is no releif they are good and keep the 2. If there is releif but the player picked the ball up and didnt play it the 2 will stand but add a 2 stroke penalty for playing a ball from the incorrect position and score a 4.

Just know your rules, know your options and remember to declare which ball you want to score with and play both balls. If both balls score the same you are still obligated to inform the committee regardless.
    And yes, regardless to popular demand and wishful thinking I am still alive and preparing for a big come back in 2020

Bob Newman
    Participant

Harry, How many strokes did the player make on the second ball?? As by declaring that he wanted the score with the ball he took relief for,m that is the “Ball in Play” and if he did not finish the hole with that ball. he has not holed out with the proper ball and he is attempting to use a score for a Wrong Ball which must be corrected before teeing off on next hole. He is DQ’D, if he has no score for the hole.

Hey Harry, I’m playing a Snell. If I hit a second ball it will be a Snell as well. So I want to score with the Snell. Good to hear from you Harry!

Bob Newman
    Participant

Hope you put an identification mark on them so they can be identified as to which one is which.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Call Us at 1-800-833-8798

HTML Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com