Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Michael Linthicum
    Participant

I played in a tournament here this weekend (Middle Georgia) and everything was normal golf. 2 players per cart, rakes around the bunkers, nothing around the flag stick and you could pull the flag if you preferred it that way. No talk about the virus or anything like it. It was actually really nice for those 4-5 hrs of normality.

Tommy Briggs
    Blocked

Michael I live in North Florida in an extremely rural community, mostly milk and produce farms. Covid 19 is something we watch when the national news comes on because there is no local news coverage because it is basically non-existent here.

In South Florida exists the hottest hot spot in the country. I think every time a city or state relaxes their rules about masks, distancing and all there appears to be a spike and increase in cases. For that reason I think we are going to see more cautionary steps taken than a relaxation. I hate it, I would rather play in the rain than keep the flag in the whole round. Personally I also think you can grab the flag with a disinfectant wipe to take it out and replace it. But I also understand the minute they make that rule, someone forgets their wipe and there is no rule. Where I live every other ad on TV is from a lawyers office, so in this day and age everyone is going to be overly cautious.

There will come a time when I become more accepting of change, but for now due to my old age and my general lack of patience I will continue to bitch about the changes this pandemic is causing me.

Rick Kimbrell
    Participant

“There will come a time when I become more accepting of change, but for now due to my old age and my general lack of patience I will continue to bitch about the changes this pandemic is causing me.”

AMEN Tommy

Aaron Ellis
    Participant

I say either shoe up, show up and shut up about the what ifs and lets play, or else people just not sign up and stay home, if ya scared of dying, then you ain’t living!

Tommy Briggs
    Blocked

Aaron there is a third option which is exercising reasonable caution. Not everything is black and white, not everything is reckless or overcautious. I wear a mask when I go out in public, because I am careful and not reckless. I avoid large crowds of people because I am careful not overcautious. Crossing the street into oncoming traffic is not living it is reckless. Never leaving the house is overcautious. We can be safe and careful and still have a great tourney and a great time, we do not need to be reckless.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Call Us at 1-800-833-8798

HTML Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com