Home Forums The World Am Bulletin Board Golf Ball Roll back

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bruce LeMeur
    Participant

How will the new golf ball rollback affect the World AM tournament?

Rick Kimbrell
    Participant

I am not on WA Committee but for next year…no affect what so ever.
    Remember we are not considered “elite players” no matter how good one may think they are and the WA is not an elite player event.
    Existing balls approved as conforming in 2027 will be eligible for use by recreational golfers until January 2030, creating two years of bifurcated rules, and providing manufacturers and retailers sufficient time to adjust.

I find it interesting we are being told we need to play forward since most amateurs don’t hit it far enough from the tees they play and in next breath we are told we hit it too far.

Bob Newman
    Participant

Rick, I am really worried about the yardage I will lose over this new roll back. By the time 2030 gets here( based On distance I’ve lost already), I will be playing par 4’s from 225 yds, par 5’s from 300 yds par 3’s from 60 yards.
    You coming down for Q School……??

Rick Kimbrell
    Participant

Bob, I hear you on the yardage loss. No, Q School is not in the plans. Have MRI scheduled for next Monday so they can take a better look at my heart issues. The results of my Echogram were not as good as was expected. Hopefully after MRI I will get a better idea what the plan is to address the leaking heart valve.
    If you are playing Q School, play well.

Bob Newman
    Participant

Take care of yourself. Once you have a heart issue, you learn why doctors refer to it as “practicing medicine” My Loop Recorder” batteries went out in October, they took it out in December. My local Doctor noticed a frequent “Skip” last week ad Blood Pressure was up. But Cardiology says keep track of BP until my April visit. Wait and see but I feel OK. AM STILL maintaining my 55 pound weight loss and that is the biggest reason I’m doing well. Hopefully I will get good courses for the Qschool. Hopefully I can go 3 days in a row. Hope you get yours handled.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Call Us at 1-800-833-8798

HTML Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com