- April 6, 2021 at 2:56 pm #48948Ryan SParticipant
Just was wondering if the WA committee has thought about keeping the early discount for us international players for an extended period of time. This would allow us to be more flexible if our current travel/return rules change. I know I want to make the WA again, however if there still is a 14 day quarantine AND the $2000 hotel bill on my return to Canada, I most likely will take a pass this year again. I can handle the 14 days, but I definitely have better places to spend 2 grand than a 3 night lockdown in an airport hotel.April 6, 2021 at 3:36 pm #48949Mike CheesemanParticipant
I agree with you Ryan. Registration will be at the current price until June 3rd. My group drives down from Windsor but the land border is still closed with no real date when it will open. Normally it is only myself and a buddy but this year I have two more buddies who want to play in the WA just for fun division. I went last year and drove to Toronto and caught a flight. The 14 day quarantine was a bi##h. I hope Scott and the committee will extend the current price for international players.April 6, 2021 at 5:35 pm #48950Tommy BriggsBlocked
If the WA extends the early entry date it affects a whole lot of people from all over the world. It enables people who have no valid reason to delay registering the opportunity to wait just because they want to. It would create a real issue for the WA I think.
Just my two cents, I would register and if the situation in Canada does not change ask Scott for a reduction in the $50.00 cancellation fee, or allow you to apply your entry fee to next years event. This would allow the WA to identify a specific group of people (Canadians) affected by a government policy they have no control over. I just think you are more likely to see that happen then to see the WA delay the early entry registration and might be more palatable for the WA to accept.
By the way I would address this by email not in a public forum. Asking Scott to make decisions that affect the field in public opens the door for other people to make requests because World Am Policy suddenly is no longer a set of rules , just suggestions. I have always found Scott and the WA staff to be reasonable and I think you should be able to work something out. (Privately)
April 6, 2021 at 8:29 pm #48952Mike CheesemanParticipant
- This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Tommy Briggs.
Thanks Tommy, I did that last year. The WA policy is there policy. The only thing that was available to me last was to put it off to this year. If I didn’t I would have lost the $50 US dollars which is like $300 Canadian. Lol. I ended up coming last year. Had a heck of a travel but I managed. I had to drive four hours from my home to catch a flight that landed in Charlotte and rented a car then drove another three + hour’s to Myrtle. I will wait to see if our idiot government opens the border by June 3rd.April 7, 2021 at 12:16 am #48954Ryan SParticipant
I’m pretty sure my post says international entries not just Canada. I do not see an issue in extending the offer for international players at all. The WA decided not to wave the fee last year so I doubt it will change this year. How does that effect the field? If the WA wants more entries/money/players this is an incentive to do so. Expressing it in a public form is perfectly fine. This does not effect the integrity of the tourny at all. This isn’t controversial, or at least it shouldn’t be.April 7, 2021 at 5:32 am #48955Tommy BriggsBlocked
Let me know how that works out for you
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.