- August 21, 2019 at 10:58 am #46894Ken WeatherfordParticipant
Every year I put this information out so that new players can remember to bring all of the equipment that matters, and cover the things they need to do. So, here you go!
Myrtle Beach Trip Items
1. SkyCaddie SX500 GPS (Loaded with WorldAm Myrtle Beach Courses)
2. SkyCaddie SX500 Carrying Case (Wall/Car Chargers and Accessories)
3. SkyCaddie Floating Waterproof Carrying Case (keeps SkyCaddie dry on rainy days)
4. SkyCaddie Screen Guards (if needed)
5. SkyCaddie Cart Mount (don’t want to lose the $400 SkyCaddie; been there, done that.)
6. Bushnell V2 Rangefinder and Cart Mount (for the exact distances to the pins)
7. Golf Ball Marker Tool (to mark putting line on golf ball)
8. Golf Ball Soft-tip Marking Pens (for marking dots, initials, putting line, etc.)
9. Dual-Brush Club Cleaner (Plastic and Steel Wire Sides)
10. BallZee Pocket Golf Ball Cleaner (optional: damp towel)
11. Golf Gloves (4-6 pair; humidity can soak them in 6-9 holes)
12. Rain Gloves (2 pair; keep one pair dry for the next day)(with high humidity; you can wear these without changing regular gloves so often.)
13. Golf Shoes (2 pair; keep one pair dry at all times)
14. Visors and Hats (2-3)
15. Rain Suit (Jacket and Pants – GorTex preferred; stays drier)
16. Golf Umbrella and Club Umbrella (I put my bag umbrella inside my golf bag)
17. Golf Bag Hard/Soft Case (unlocked for airport security)
18. Ball Markers (2)
19. Divot Tools (2)
20. Spike Removal Tool and Spare Spikes
21. Tees (I highly recommend low-friction Martini tees because they last forever)
22. Golf Clubs (the obvious – in the hard/soft case for airline travel)
23. Golf Cart Rain Hood (for clubs – most carts have them, but some don’t)
24. Towels (at least 2 large and 2 small)
25. Golf Books/Magazines (good airplane and layover reading)
26. GPS or iPhone (for Myrtle Beach voice-activated driving directions)
27. Baggies (3 or 4 small and 2-quart size – to keep things dry when raining)
29. Belts (1-2)
30. Shirts (at least 2 for each day, unless you wash every few days)
31. Pants/Dresses (1-2 for dining out at fancy restaurants)
32. Shorts (4-5 pairs)
33. Socks (Black, Tan, and White golf socks)
34. Underwear (Unless you prefer a la natural – lol)
35. Shoes (2 Pair of Golf Shoes, 1 Dress Pair, 1 Tennis Shoes, and 1 Set of Sandals)
36. Bathing Suit
37. Puzzle Books (airplane and layovers)
38. DVD Player or iPad with Hulu (for the airplane rides and airport layovers)
39. DVDs (our condo has DVD player)
40. Earphones (2 sets and Y cable adapter for the DVD player)
41. Cell Phones, Car Charger, Battery Charger (Always carry a cell phone battery charger or cord.)
42. Camera/iPhone, Rechargeable Batteries, Charger, and Camera Bag(s)
43. Pencils and Pens
44. Toiletries (Cologne, Perfume, Brushes, Tooth Paste, Trimmers, Hair Dryer, Deodorant,
Creams, etc.) Most places have hair dryers, but when in a hurry, the wife can use the
45. NSAIDS (Allieve, Ibuprofen, etc.)
46. Daily Medications
47. Band Aids, Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Bug Repellent and Sunscreen (put them in your
48. Alignment Sticks (in golf bag)
49. Training aids (Orange Whip, Speed Stick, etc. in golf bag)
50. Flight Scope Mevo or Doppler Device (check your ball speed, launch angle, Smash
Factor, etc. Okay, I’m a freak! lol)
Things to do:
1. Ensure golf bag and case weigh less than 50 pounds.
2. Have someone pick up your mail while you’re gone.
3. Have someone water your plants and feed the pets.
4. Put a note in mailbox to ask mailman to hold your mail until the day after your return.
5. Tell a trusted neighbor/family member when you are going to be gone, so they will
watch the house. Give them key to the house.
6. Fill out your work timesheet for vacation.
7. Pre-pack some items the weekend before you fly (saves you from the mad rush; think
Christmas last-minute shopping.)
8. Pick up or make some trail mix (or your favorite snack) for the airplane trip or hotel
9. Get Travelers Checks or use credit card. (no need to carry a lot of cash)
10. Call Credit card company before you leave, so they know you are out of town.
11. Call in your prescriptions a week before you leave.August 22, 2019 at 9:52 am #46937Charles GrayBlocked
Just wondering…..how in the hell could you possibly get all that you mention into your bag and keep it inder 50lbs?? May as well just rent a storage locker.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.