Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Bob Newman
    Participant

Anyone playing in the Q School in March??? This is my first year and was wondering when I might expect courses to be decided.

Glenn Foster
    Participant

Hello Bob, I played in it last year for 1st time. I live in Calabash area full time now and thought I’d try playing tournament golf other than WA in August.
    It is ran very similar to the WA, except no Con. Center at night and meals, and prize stuff, are at the course after round(s). The groups I played in daily were different folks, and we had multiple tees used in every group and men & women in same 4 somes. I personally felt that was a little more time consuming each day. The round at Sandpiper Bay all 4 of us were on different tees, or used 3 tees? It took some getting used to stopping and waiting on each tee set sometimes, but it is what it is and about every 4 some had the similar issues so we all understand it’s gonna be a wait for groups to leave fairway/green after shots completed.
    Courses were out about 10-14 days before tournament +/-, so similar also in WA that the best I can remember. It was cold last year, but I got some great courses! Caledonia the last day was 34 degrees that am at 8:00/am and windy so very little frost, but it was cold all day, everyday with cold am’s and 50 degree highs. I didn’t really mind it after it warmed some, but they/golfers didn’t get the 60-70 deg. days we got the week or so before the tournament.
    It’s basically a “crapshoot” with weather anyway with a cold rain to me is worse that a cool day. hope this helps, but don’t be worried about the planning & management it was very well done and food is burgers, sub sandwiches, spaghetti… not small appetizers or charcuterie stuff, it’s a little more substantial, but dependent on course offerings.

Bob Newman
    Participant

Thanks Glenn. Was just mainly wanting the courses early enough to take a look at them in case I get one I have not played. March weather is always iffy.

Mike Sigmon
    Participant

Hey Bob, & Gleen,

The courses will be out I’m guess Thurs of Friday this week like they do in the world AM but again this is my guess LOL..And as far as food being served this year it’s only going to be on the last day we play this time it’s not going to be like in the past where you got food and beverage after each round..
    Good luck to you guys I’m just hoping the weather is better than the last 3 years..
    Also I hope I draw some good courses to play and enjoy…It’s always fun to come and meet new people and so far the groups I’ve had for the las 3 years we seem to have played each day in around 4 hrs. unlike the world AM 5 plus hrs rounds

Bob Newman
    Participant

Mike thanks for the info. Didn’t you have some surgery s the past couple years. Hope you are doing great

Mike Sigmon
    Participant

Hey Bob,
    I did I had rotator cup surgery back in 2022 it’s as good as it will ever get now I guess but it did effect the distance I can get the club back but guess some of that comes with age too..LOL

I’m advance up to the men’s 70+ flight this year so that going to be a new experience..

Bob Newman
    Participant

Mike, wait till you hit 75 and then you will know what loosing yardage really means. I got new clubs from August thru September and picked us some yardage.. Big thing is that they are lighter. I flushed a 6 iron on Tuesday and hit it about 156 to a hole location that I have not able to get a 4 hybrid to. (same location I use to hit a 6 iron to from 30 yards back). unfortunately, the hole was cut at 136 yards in a different location. BUT it felt ssoooo gooood. Its going to be interesting to see if I can make it 3 days in a row at QSCHOOL, I’m in better shape than i have been in years/. Dropped 55 lbs and walking 2 miles in 31 minutes on treadmill. but walking on CPO on verry hilly course is taking a toll on me.Hopefullyu I got a few years left on me. Take care and hope to see you in August

Christine Remines
    Participant

Good news, there is a ladies only flight this year. Should help out.

John Decatur
    Participant

Where are the course assignments? I don’t ever remember them being out this late.

Mike Sigmon
    Participant

Yea I to don’t remember it ever being this late I did call the office to maybe see if I missed the email or something but got a recording that said they were out of the office through 03/04/2024 running events so guess maybe they will show up tomorrow and give us the course assignments LOL..

I just wish that they would also do a gross skin game when we sign in rather than just a net skin game every year someone will net a ( 1 ) on a par three no one should get 1 or 2 shots on a par three hole. That’s just my opinion it just don’t make any since you hit a good shot into a par three hole and make 2 yet someone getting 2 shots 2 putts and nets a hole in 1

Christine Remines
    Participant

I want my courses!!!!

Mike Sigmon
    Participant

I’ll more than likely get about as close on guessing my courses as I do when I play the power ball lottery but I’m going to give it a shot.
    1- LONG BAY GOLF CLUB
    2- Caledonia Golf & Fish Club
    3-

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Call Us at 1-800-833-8798

HTML Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com