Tagged: Skins FLIGHT 46 and 47
- August 17, 2019 at 7:14 pm #46740
Unless someone insists, I will run skins for FLIGHT 46 and 47.
Contact me if you have questions. I will be posting rules in next post.August 17, 2019 at 7:34 pm #46741
RULES FOR FLIGHT 46-47
Copy will be available at the course(s).
1) Cost to enter is $20/$20/$20/$40. $100 gets you in for the whole week.
2) If you get in for only one (1) day and there was a carryover, then you must pay the previous days $20 in order to be eligible for that days skins. If you play daily, the daily fees are $25/$25/$25/$50.
3) All skins are Net skins only, and skins are combined for both flights. There are no individual flight skins.
4) There can be only one (1) winner per hole, unless the players’ consensus is to allow 50% skins. If not, when 2 tie all tie, with no carryovers except daily when there’s no winner.
5) In the event there are no winners, then the entire skins pool carries over to the next day. On Thursday, if there are no individual winners, then tied Eagles will be paid first, then 2 tied birdies will be paid, and if no 2 tied birdies, then 3 tied, etc.
6) All skins paid out immediately following all players turning in their cards and skins are determined. You can choose to receive previous
day’s skins on the next day. If you don’t collect on the next day, I will not come looking for you.
MOST IMPORTANTLY!! Only “Official” Score Cards are accepted, NOT the tear strip you kept your score on, and NOT a course Score card. Scorecard must be signed and attested.
7) If you cannot stay because I am still playing before you have to leave, then you must have a fellow player in your group take a picture with your legible name and scores, so that I can attest your birdies, or I will attempt to verify with the pro shop. BUT, someone from your group or another competitor must inform me that you have a “potential skin.”
8) On Thursday payouts, if there are no outright winners or a winner doesn’t want to stick around, I don’t think it is my responsibility to “Find you”. If your schedule is so tight that you can’t stick around for an extra hour on Thursday to collect your skin money, then it shouldn’t be mine either. If you aren’t there, I will pay out those skins to the other winners who did stick around. I like doing the skins, but I’m volunteering, and I am not giving up more of my vacation because someone doesn’t want to get paid…and you expect me to go looking for you.August 17, 2019 at 10:45 pm #46758
CORRECTION STEP 2:
2) If you play daily, the daily fees are $25/$25/$25/$50. If you get in for only one (1) day and there was a total pool carryover to the next day, then you must pay the previous day’s $25 in order to be eligible for that day’s skins.August 17, 2019 at 10:55 pm #46760BJ BrownParticipant
Last year you mentioned that you charge a commission to run the scans. I think you said 10%. Are you doing that this yearAugust 18, 2019 at 5:53 am #46774Paul LillParticipant
I am not in either of those flights, but if I was and the guys running the skins was charging a “commission” I would stay away from the skins game. Just sayin.August 19, 2019 at 12:39 pm #46821BJ BrownParticipant
Thank you for the wise comment Paul. I agree. I ran the skins last year and everyone was pleased with my efficiency and payouts. I took no commission. 100% got paid out. Charging people $5 extra for a single day doesn’t seem correct either. He also states that the scores are “net”. We are all ± 1 of each other in handicap. That is a lot of birdies. Net eagles will win the hole. Doesn’t make sense. Just keep it simple. For those reasons, this will be the first year I won’t be participating in the skins. ‘Tis a shame.
I know the World Am has no oversight of skins, but commissions seem wrong when the keyword is “volunteer”.August 19, 2019 at 1:59 pm #46825Paul PuckettParticipant
What is your fee to run the skins?August 19, 2019 at 2:37 pm #46827Raymond AbernathyParticipant
I am in different flights, however NOBODY should be charging a commission to run a skins game. Either volunteer to do it FREE of charge and 100% goes to prize fund, or let someone else do it!August 21, 2019 at 12:46 pm #46899
I have never charged a fee, and never will. I think you read a post earlier where I said other people were skimming off the top. No worries, the entire pool is getting paid out.August 21, 2019 at 12:49 pm #46900
Let me say it again, just so the EVERYBODY understands and rumors aren’t flying. First of all, I didn’t run skins last year. I haven’t run them in about four or five years and I have NEVER charged a feel. I made one comment in another post about other people charging fees that I KNOW OF, and now that is turned into a vicious rumor about me. If another else prefers to run them, please be my guest.August 21, 2019 at 12:55 pm #46901
BJ I’m not sure where you got the info that I said I was charging 10%, because I didn’t keep skins last year. I didn’t play in 2017 and didn’t keep skins in 2016 or 2015. I think the last time I kept skins may have been 2014; five years ago.August 21, 2019 at 1:02 pm #46902jt fosterParticipant
In 16 years that i have run the Skins game i have never Charged to run it !! and never will !!!!! . it’s just what i like to do !!!!! I don’t warm up or anything anyway. this year i’m running it in flights 13-14 this year . I like meeting everybody that gets involved in the game . I Have had no problems in 16 years doing it !!!!!!!!! See y’all mondayAugust 21, 2019 at 1:45 pm #46903
Thanks for the input, JT. I haven’t ever charged any skins fee, either. I do it because I volunteer to do it and nothing else. In fact, my wife hates the fact that I volunteer. She’s not much of a proponent for volunteering for anything, but I am.August 21, 2019 at 5:29 pm #46911
I have no issue with changing the skins to gross only if that’s what everyone wants. Just be aware that this will exclude more players than just you, BJ. You run the skins. I’m out.August 21, 2019 at 5:30 pm #46912
Sorry guys! Someone else will have to run skins. That way everyone will be happy.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.