Home › Forums › The World Am Bulletin Board › Starters & Rules
- This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Bob Newman.
- September 6, 2021 at 7:01 pm #50253Jason MooreParticipant
Each day the Starters provided a rule sheet from the World Am.
• Front 9 Starters – Ball will be played down, OB Stroke & Distance. Bunkers played down on some courses and lift clean & sweep at others
• Back 9 Starters – Lift, Clean and place within 1 club length anywhere on some courses and fairway only on other courses. Bunkers lift clean & place
• Caledonia based on the rule sheet ball was to be played down 100% of the time. Get to the 1st & 10th tee screen pops up and says local rule lift clean & place in all sandy areas. Gentleman in my group was in a tractor rut in the bunker and based on the head pro wasn’t entitled to a free drop because we played it down at Caledonia it’s a “PGA TOUR RULE”September 7, 2021 at 3:59 pm #50269Jeffrey ToppParticipant
As we had discussed, Front 9 starter on MBN had a rules sheet that said lift clean and place in your own fairway. I read it myself. In bold print no less.
I know they are different flights but I’m not sure why they would play different rules on the same course.
I suggested that they consider the entire tournament play by one set of rules, regardless of course. Play it up or down, I don’t care. And bring the rakes back. They won’t stop Covid!September 11, 2021 at 1:34 pm #50296Tony McAlistetParticipant
No…the rakes can’t stop COVID…but they can start it!!!September 12, 2021 at 8:09 am #50299
Starter s at some courses had no idea that the the time on sheet was the earliest you could start, called us to the tee while on the practice putting green 30 minutes before starting time, and started us a full 10 minutes ahead. I got to hit 2 practice putts.September 12, 2021 at 12:52 pm #50302Ed GuertinParticipant
I had a comical one this year for lift, clean and place.
We got briefed on the tee box by the starter and Lift, Clean and Place was in play for the day.
After the briefing I asked if it was a scorecard or a club length because in prior World AM’s I was told a scorecard only or a club length.
The Starter read it again from the sheet and chuckled and the said “You can do what the rule says”…February 11, 2022 at 11:08 pm #50488Rick KimbrellParticipant
Another reason for SHOTGUN start.
One guy handling rules for everyone.February 12, 2022 at 6:40 am #50489
Rick, ALL of the issues that you should know SHOULD be covered by the sheet handed to you on your first tee. Unfortunately this is has become lost from the WA due to the laziness of the host pro. I had an issue this year with someone about the local Rule for a lost ball. Fortunately we did have a sheet that day and it was not shown as a local Rule. Also, I do think it was mentioned on BB and asserted by WA prior to competition. Hope you are having a good year do far and look forward to catching up with you.February 24, 2022 at 8:04 pm #50504Rick KimbrellParticipant
Bob…since we are going back to shotgun starts…this should be a non-issue going foward.
It has been a really tough 2022 start for me. I was sick (upper respiratory infection) just before New Years. Then 2nd week in January tested positive for COVID. No fever, never lost sense of taste/smell. Just very lethargic. 2 weeks in bed with no energy to get up or do anything. I only weighed 161# when I got sick. Lost 16# down to 145#. Weight I really didn’t have to lose. Lost muscle. Have not regained all my strength back. It has been a tough row this far.
March 14, 2022 at 7:52 am #50527
- This reply was modified 1 year ago by Rick Kimbrell.
Rick, sorry to hear of your health issues. We are both at the age where any little thing can mess with us. Important for us to take care of ourselves by staying in the best physical shape we can (also mentally). I’m opting out this year as I’ve had enough of the poor courses (was great news to hear that a lot of the up north courses are not participating this year). I have an option of helping a vendor this year do I should still be able to catch up with you at CC. TAKE CARE my friend.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.