Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Bob Newman
    Participant

John, so good to hear from you. Been meaning to drop you an email to tell you how great it was catching up with you again. I’m thinking that it was my first WA in 2005 we played together and were in same flight for several years before I got older. My shoulder is coming along great. Just going to take longer that I expected to get full strength back. Different parts of shoulde react differently to basic everyday motion. It seams it is always sore. Have full range of motion except for hand going up my spine. Golf game pretty much sucks but am working on it. I do plan on playing this year and will catch up with you. Stay safe and away from everyone this craziness.

Mike Sterner
    Participant

Bob, I really can’t tell you how much your posts have encouraged me. I’m now at 16 weeks and have seen a lot of improvement the last few weeks. I am lagging behind you for some reason, probably you are just a stud muffin compared to me. The other thing might be the fact they put a part in me that was too small and they had to go back in 12 hours later and redo the entire surgery. My physical therapist has never dealt with that and doesn’t know exactly what that means. I am putting and just starting to chip some. The pain is finally gone and I just feel real sore. I plan to try to play this year but am not worried about it because I have a free lifetime membership to the tournament.

Mike

John Smith
    Participant

Bob and Mike,

Glad both of your surgeries are coming along and rehad is working. Getting “experienced” is tough but we can do it. Bob, I still remember that first year. We were both rookies, very nervous but had lots of fun. I am planning to attend this year again and hopefully we will all meet again, safe, healthy and without too much pain.
    I haven’t played this year yet. Weather and this terrible virus is making playing impossible.
    Everyone stay healthy,

God Bless
    John

Bob Newman
    Participant

Mike, I actually think that my rehab has gone a lot better than most. Everyone i talk to that had this same surgery has experienced more pain than me. I have only taken 3 pain pills (the 2 days after surgery) during my recovery. Now with that being said, the last couple weeks when my therapist tells me he is getting ready to “stretch it”, he has required me to put my left hand in my pocket. It is a 5 count when I know he is doing some good. Can now stand with my back to the wall, arm at 90*, and touch the back of my hand to the wall, same as with the left which did not have surgery. I am just about at end of rehab, but will keep going till they kick me out. I can tell a big difference in the strength of entire upper body strength from the weight workout he has given me. Did not fully understand how much weaker I had become over the years. Now this is light weights with more reps, but it is working. I now think that this new found strength is hindering my golf swing a little, trying to be more powerful instead of a tempo swinger. I also think that the mussels are still learning the new positions of my body. Did not fully understand what the therapist was telling me about this until I started back with full swings. Hang tough, the rehab will make everything work properly.
    John, I am planning on returning again this year and we have to make an effort to catch up.

Mike Sterner
    Participant

Hey Bob,
    It’s been a month and I was wondering hpw your shoulder is doing?
    Mike

Bob Newman
    Participant

Mike, sorry I have not posted anything BUT my golf game is so bad right now that I have just been in a “mood”. Shoulder is excellent, just need to figure out my head. My driving distance has come around and back to what i was before surgery. I have built my upper body strength back up but I am struggling with making myself “throw the shoulder” into the ball and ground and get that full right arm extension thru Impact. About 4 or 5 times a round I get the impact that I wand and the iron distance is not bad, but I am mostly fanning the ball or thin shots. The shoulder does not bother me nor do I have pain. But it does let you know when you do something you should not be doing. My therapist tells me I am still training the mussels as to what they should be doing. Every day life is just so much better than it was before surgery.
    If I could just tell myself to be more patient, I believe everything would come around But that isn’t me.
    Am planning on signing up for the WA before the deadline and coming down again this year. Hope you are progressing well and getting back out there. Looking forward to catching up with you and comparing notes.
    Bob (now that shoulder is fixed, my good knew has started acting up)

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Call Us at 1-800-833-8798

HTML Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com