Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Bob Newman
    Participant

Mike, I never get in a Handicap skin game. Point I was trying to make is that if Im in handicap’s Flight with other 12’s (I’m currently a 18.1 Index) and some guys are making 6 Birds and putting for more, I’m seriously wondering why they are not in a lower Handicap Flight. Played with a guy in my flight early on and from the first tee shot, I knew that I could never come close to him in a money game. He keep asking me why I didnt get into the skins. At the end of the round he had 6 birdies and won a big pot. Friend told me the next day, he was in his flight the year before and same story. to each his own

Mike Sigmon
    Participant

Bob, Oh heck yea that sucks for sure a person playing in a flight with a 12 to 18 handicap is not going to be making 6 birdies in 18 holes. I understand where you are coming from on that.

Andreas Mealey
    Participant

BOB if you know this guy’s name it would be nice for the guys who do run skins game and protect the flight(s)

William Hamilton
    Participant

John – lower handicapers need to be out first to keep the round moving…thats if they are striping the ball. So what do you think if having your higher handicapers leading the pack? going to be a long round!

Bruce Friend
    Participant

Regardless if shotgun or tee times, flights are handicapped by age and then index. All players are theoretically pretty equal.

I’ve been involved in both shotguns and tee times. Rounds are long because of conditions and slow playing by players regardless which one is used. Only way to speed it up is courses putting rangers on the course. Most won’t.

Bob Newman
    Participant

They use to do that and the Pro actually would come out get the slow groups back into position, I know from personal experience. This was 17yrs ago. Now the courses have realized they get paid whether they do their jobs or not. It is not the WA staffs fault the rounds are slow, it lies at the courses fault. JMO

Raymond Blank
    Participant

Well saidMr.scot. I agree with you 100% see ya son

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Call Us at 1-800-833-8798

HTML Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com