Home Forums The World Am Bulletin Board “Un”official Poll: Tee Times vs Shotgun for 2022

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    BJ Newbern
    Participant

ONLY thing that is bad about the tee times is when youre staying down in south myrtle, and you get a 7am Tee up in N. Myrtle bordering the N. Carolina border lol

Simple Vote: Tee Times for the first 3 rounds then Shotgun for the last.

Christine Remines
    Participant

Heaven help anyone who gets Barefoot Norman. I had a 6.5 hour round and they said in the clubhouse afterwards “We don’t send rangers/marshals out to speed up play”
    Probably shouldn’t put women with 18-40 handicaps on this course with a buttload of bunkers and forced carries. This coming from a GIRL, who is a 23 handicap, keeping it real. It slows it down, most girls don’t work on their bunker games and freak over forced carries. That being said Scott, I will play Caledonia ALL DAY LONG and take my medicine and my penalty stroke on 18. That course is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Billy Burwick
    Participant

I am pretty sure they already said Shotgun Start so I don’t think it matters what anyone thinks or wants at this point. Just saying!!

I am not expecting quick rounds so I am good with whatever they decide.
    I would say Shotgun first 3 rounds then Tee times day 4.
    But again it’s all good since I will be on vacation and playing golf!

95 days to go!

Glenn Foster
    Participant

Tee Times: YES!! I loved them.
    They’re never coming back without another catastrophic catalyst. I loved not having to be at a course 1 1/2 hrs. before teeing off just to get 15 min on the range to really get a feel for the day, everybody waiting around the clubhouse to get a drink, milling around the carts, hearing ‘Skins here” every 6.2 minutes…you know the drill.
    I don’t think the tee times were meant as a way to speed up rounds, only to separate the crowds each day.
    I know it was harder for ride sharing, meeting at the Convention Center at the same relative time with friends…but that wasn’t impossible and I had the latest tee time 2x and was still off the course by 2:15-ish. No faster or slower, just had a 3 some both days following hoards of 4 somes so a lot of wait time regardless.
    Love the Tee Times; did I mention that? (lol) 🙂

Rob Baxley
    Participant

I prefer tee times as well, although my opinion is moot at this point.
    3 of us traveled together last year…all played the same courses and had different tee times and it wasn’t an issue. no crowds on the range…no A and B groups on 1 hole. Being in the B group feels like I’m already being pushed. No starting or finishing on the hole furthest from the clubhouse.

Mike StClair
    Participant

SHOTGUN START then everyone plays in the same elements, what difference what hole you start on there are a lot of golf courses with a par 3, 4, or 5 on the # 1 starting hole, 9:00 shotgun start is the way to go

Cindy Perkins
    Participant

I like the shotgun, gives you more time in the day!

Glenn Foster
    Participant

Rick, In your opinion they made the “right” decision.
    I personally hate the committee feels the need to keep it shotgun, but it really doesn’t matter enough for me after all these years, I’ve set aside this week in my life to compete regardless how they change or not.
    I know they want all golfers in by?? Time to get scores in and recorded with less stress, get WA golfers off the course so the courses can sell late afternoon tee times also. If they want 100 golfers vying for range space, then they should have the facility for that, or tee times to manage the flow.
    Way to much for most clubhouses to have 100+,( 50 per flight and 2 flights a course), golfers getting stuff, lines at rest rooms… before they head out, and 60-70 golfers coming in for food & refreshments afterwards at some facilities.
    All points for tee times being more clubhouse/Driving range friendly. The same amount of time on the course regardless of the starting procedures and, God forbid, golfers don’t play the skins games each day?

Chandler Wells
    Participant

IMO…Shotgun or tee times for the 1st 3 rounds doesn’t matter to me…I do like the way they did it pre-pandemic when they arranged the Round 4 groupings based on net score for the 1st 3 days! That makes it a lot of fun, and pressure-packed! I will add, that I was not involved in said pressure or contention! LOL

Can’t wait!!! 34 days!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Call Us at 1-800-833-8798

HTML Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com