Home Forums The World Am Bulletin Board World Am – Unsubscribed email out of the blue?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Steven Campbell
    Participant

Today I received an email from “PATRICK O’BRIEN Tournament Manager”

Saying:

“If you are receiving this email then you have unsubscribed from our World Am mailing list. This means you will not be able to receive handicap verification forms, course assignments, and all other pertinent information and updates. ”

What is that all about? I did not unsubscribe.

Anyone else getting a similar email?

Mark Hancock
    Participant

I received the same e-mail, titled “World Am – Unsubscribe” . I didn’t unsubscribe from anything and the e-mail looks like spam, but we need the Tournament Committee to let us know.

Scott: Real E-Mail or Spam?

Mark Hancock
    Participant

Steven: I reached out to Scott & the WA Team and this e-mail is legitimate. I somehow unsubscribed to the e-mails which means I can’t validate my handicap. I am going to follow the directions on the e-mail.

Steven Campbell
    Participant

Now that I’ve had some time to reflect on this, I was getting a lot of emails from the World AM marketing that I am no longer getting. I probably did unsubscribe. I’ll follow the steps in the email.

Dylan Hoffman
    Participant

Hey guys! This was indeed a real email from our tournament staff. Many players accidentally unsubscribe from time to time, and this one time email we send you is the only way to get you back on the list so you do not miss important emails such as handicap verification and course assignments! Thank you for your attention to the email. If you ever have any questions whatsoever, do not hesitate to give us a call or send us an email. See you in August!

Dylan Hoffman
    Tournament Manager
    Myrtle Beach World Amateur

wahc@golfholiday.com
    1-800-833-8798

john wolf
    Participant

Possibly just another way to attempt to take money away from the players. Tournament used to be about people and making friends and memories….now it is a very mishandled money grab

Rick Kimbrell
    Participant

Hmmm…”mishandled money grab”. If I, or anyone else, believed that way, why sign up? I certainly do not see it that way.

Rick Kimbrell
    Participant

John Wolf…when was the last time you even participated? Sure haven’t seen your name appear as having played in any recent years. Just askin….

Andreas Mealey
    Participant

Agree with you RICK no one is forcing you to sign up and J WOLF take your BS elsewhere

Mike Sigmon
    Participant

Rick looks like he’s played the last 10 years and has a total of 12 years !!! He played in flight 10 last year.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Call Us at 1-800-833-8798

HTML Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com