Forum Replies Created
Skins Game Flights 15 & 16
To make it easy on everyone, especially me, it would be great if everyone who intends to participate in the skins game can pay in full on Monday. This also helps in those rarest of occasions when the pot roles over from the previous day, if you did not participate on the prior day you cannot join on that day. Skins buy-in will be $20, $20, $20 & $40 for a total of $100. Venmo or Zelle is accepted along with good ‘ole cash. For ease of scoring, I will combine both flights into one pot; this should make for nice payouts.
I will be onsite Monday morning by 0700 and will be around warming up and should be easily spotted as I will most likely have bright yellow golf shoes. I will need your Name and Phone number. I will have sign-up sheets and rules available at sign up. Since they are doing shotgun starts again, all will need to be signed up before we tee off. I will stop collecting before they send us out.
If you want to help, just spread the word since not all read these boards.
Typical skins rules:
– Birdies or better on a hole to win a skin.
– Two birdies or better on a hole cuts the hole.
– Should there be a day that all skins are cut the pot will roll over to the next day.
– On the last day if all skins are cut, all birdies will split the pot equally.
Any birdies turned in for scoring should be done as follows:
– I will remain on site for 30-45 minutes after my round for you to submit your birdies.
– If you cannot find me after the round, you can text me a picture of your official scorecard with all signatures. State in the text your name and hole birdie or better was scored on. This must be on the OFFICIAL scorecard, not a course card. Send it before you turn it in to the scoring officials.
– All text for birdies to be scored need to be received by me no later than 4:00pm the day of the round Any text after 4:00pm will not be scored, this gives me time to score and notify winners in a reasonable time.
– All winners will be notified by text that night of their winnings and their money will be available for pick up the next morning.
– I will make sure to be at the course at least 1 hour before the round starts so everyone can get their money.
– On the last day I will stay at the course until play is over and make payouts at the course. Do not leave if you are expecting a payout. If you win and are not around to be paid in person, you will have to be paid electronically.
No Thursday pairings reshuffle guys. Oh well…
Don’t see anyone running one for flights 15&16. I’ve never run it but would be willing to to do it. If no takers by Thu at noon I will post the key points and take it.
Must say I’m a bit disappointed that there won’t be a pairing of the leaders for Thu round. Adds to the excitement for those that don’t make the championship round. It’s been done before and wonder why it can’t be done again. I appreciate everything the committee does. Thank you Scott and your great team.
It’s a moot point, but they aren’t saying double bogey max, rather net double bogey max. Meaning if you were a 36 handicap (and still enjoyed playing golf) you would be able to go up to a quadruple bogey on each hole to max out as a net double bogey.
Excellent work as always by you and your team Scott!
Because they have all been submitted and they are busy working on Course assignments.
@Scott T., we are hoping you and your team can return to the pairings in the final round. This was a common occurrence pre-Covid and adds a little tournament excitement to those in the running on the final day of competition. Please make this happen!
Scott, will the webinar be recorded for viewing by those that can’t attend it live tonight?
Dean, I’m sorry but you are 100% in the wrong. Scott is absolutely correct and if you can’t be man enough to admit your mistake you should not compete in handicap tournaments. You don’t keep an accurate handicap and try to give yourself a competitive advantage. It’s players like you that this system is in place for. Enjoy your vacation with your family.
In the past with larger fields it was able to be accomplished. What changed with this year? Hard to understand…appreciate all that you do for the week. Just with the cost going up year over year, it’s a small request for the final day to have some added drama.
Last year this question came up and music was allowed as long as no one in the group had an issue. If 1 of the 3 had an issue it was a no go. I had music going all 4 rounds and there were no issues. Wasn’t blasting it, just a nice an easy volume that just helped pass the time. Didn’t assist in play whatsoever as you could tell from my scores…let’s all have fun.
Speaking of River’s Edge and High Handicappers (That would be me) we did draw that course in 2018 and only I could have a 5 hole stretch (8 through 12) that included 3 birdies but played it at 4 over par!!! The life of a high handicapper. Didn’t help that we had a 20-30 mph wind blowing right to left on the approach to the 18th green!!!
Along with a public list of those unable to follow directions for public shaming! Lol
SMH…depending on others to do what they are supposed to is frustrating….