Home Forums The World Am Bulletin Board Any walkers?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Steven Campbell
    Participant

Does anyone walk for the World Amateur? Are carts mandated?

Danny Fox
    Participant

Carts are mandated, rounds are long enough with carts.

Steven Campbell
    Participant

While I would argue all day long that walkers do not slow down rounds, I have no issues with carts being mandated and will not pack my pushcart for this trip.

Bob Newman
    Participant

Steven, I would agree with you on a great many courses. But at MB, a large number of the courses were built to see housing developments and very long walks from tee to green that would slow you down at keeping pace with the others. But if we went out in threesomes, 4 to 41/2 hour round would be available. But, I’m still satisfied with tee times.

Mark Hancock
    Participant

Steven: I tried walking during my first year at the World Am and I had to discontinue and hook up to a cart because the shotgun rounds were so long. Nobody had a problem with me walking, but it was just too hot to stand for fifteen minutes waiting on every shot. Now that we are going back to having tee times, I believe we can finish round in 4 1/2 hours, so it may work for walking.

Billy Burwick
    Participant

@MarkHancock There is NO Way we will finish in under 5 hours. I will buy all your drinks at the 19th hole if we do!

@StevenCampbell I asked the same thing my 1st year and then I played and I thought I was going to melt even while riding. 🙂
    Long 5-6 hours in the heat and humidity is a long long day!!
    Enjoy the tournament, It is so much fun but the best part is meeting all the nice people.

I hope you have a great time.
    Billy

Steven Campbell
    Participant

The Inerwebs have spoken. Carts: This is the way. I look forward to being a cart buddy with some of you come August.

Bob Newman
    Participant

I have discovered that having a portable fan to attach to the cart is a great investment. Creates a nice breeze while sitting in the cart waiting.

Rick Kimbrell
    Participant

Steven, as others have stated…some of the courses we play, the walk from green to the next tee box can be a hike. Carts are mandated but you can still try walking once you have loaded up on your cart and get to the hole you will start on. I have seen it done before. Then if you come to one of this 1/4-1/2 mile walks to get to next hole, jump back on with your cart buddy. Doubt they will mind.
    Be prepared for slow play, just part of amateur tournament golf. The fan is a great idea. I personally don’t have one. I come from SE Texas and generally, even as hot and humid as it can be in MB, it is usually cooler in MB than what I am normally playing in at home.
    Come, don’t take it too seriously, have fun and if I see you in 19th hole, I will “buy” you and adult beverage.

Bob Newman
    Participant

Rick, good to hear you are around. I’m a big believer in my fan. Learned this past week you can’t trust them to stay where you clip them. Mine bounced off and broke the harness. After some major “engineering” I have it back on cart with a safety harness. Still have a backup on order. Hope to catch up to you this year. I’m headed down to MB next week to see what shape some of the courses are in.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Call Us at 1-800-833-8798

HTML Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com