Home Forums The World Am Bulletin Board Price Schedule

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jim Runser
    Participant

When and how much are the registration cost bumps?

Bob Newman
    Participant

I was told that we would know before the price increases above the $629. It is important to me since I’m waiting to make sure I am healthy enough to complete for 4 days before shelling out the money.

Mike Sigmon
    Participant

Hey Bob,
    So I remember us talking about going to q school in March how did you do in that playing 3 days. Did you get through those 3 days ok ?

Mike Sigmon
    Participant

Hey Bob,
    Looks like you will need to register by the end of May 23 to get in on the special low price of $ 629.00 I think that was the date I seen on the homepage 🙂

Bob Newman
    Participant

I DQ’d myself. I got on the wrong tees. Played in 70-79 super senior division. When follow up email came out I )on my phone) again selected super senior division but did no see box at far right for TEES and it defaults to white tees. Another Player in the group also noticed he was on the wrong team and we did nothing we told you handle it scoring which by the time we got the scoring, there was nothing we could do about it. First day yardage difference was not significant. Played well. Second day yardage difference was 30+ yards per hole and I could not handle that. So last day decided to play the yardage that should have been playing at Calendona and played well and enjoyed the round but dq’d myself. Had conversations with Scott and Ryan and we are fine, but was told it would not be an issue in future as it would be just like WA in the future during signup.
    Will be signing up before z Thursday deadline.

Mike Sigmon
    Participant

Oh heck we were in the same course assignments I was in flight 7 so you must have been in flight 8 dang wish I had knew that I would have surely looked you up for a face to face..You know the tee assignments were crazy I did manage to win flight 7 by 1 shot but heck on Wed. at Caledonia I think I started on hole 15 I played the Senior Tee’s & the other 3 guys were playing the Super Senior tee’s I lasered them after I hit my tee ball they were 97 yards in front of where I hit my tee shot from. That set up was just crazy I had a 5 iron to the green they were hitting Pitching wedges I do think everyone in the flights should be playing the same tees for sure. some of the par 3’s over the 3 days were 30 to 100 yards difference some of us were hitting 6 irons and they were hitting wedges and playing closest to the pins and a SCAT game. The handicap break down in flight 7 was 3.6 to 14.2 in flight 8 it was 14.5 to 25 all the scats were won in flight 8 no one in flight 7 had a chance some of the scats won were people getting eagles on par 4’s some getting 2 shots on a hole and playing tee’s like we played LOL like I said it was crazy. I really don’t care to play like that when you are playing closest to pins, and a Scat game hitting wedges into par 3’s and par 4’s are a lot easer than hitting a 5 or 6 iron heck several of the par 4 I could have drove from the tees they played.

Bob Newman
    Participant

Mike, I got to town late on Sunday. I got called in late to work a collegiate event in Augusta, Ga and threw me off schedule so I never looked at the flights etc to see who I might know. I enjoyed the event and we had good weather. I didn’t enjoy being so close to bulldozers a Sea Trails but had a good round there. Longer tees were not much longer and I was in the top 5 (I think). Right off the bat on second day, I knew I was in trouble with the increased distance. Also had one in the group that was a pain. Right off, he wanted to keep his score on the official card himself. Then on 4th hole he tapped a pitch mark down and I called him on it and he immediately started tapping down an area on the green claiming that was where it was. Then he missed a 6” putt as he was still fussing at me. AND then his marker called him out on the strokes he actually took. This all ended up at scoring table when he differed with the marker, he was blowing off until he was informed that the marker had to sign off or he didn’t have a score. I got a big laugh out of it. Played the tees I should have been playing and enjoyed Calendonua. Enjoyed it, but will have to wait and see if it lines up with the collegiate event Augusta next year. Boy I got carried away with this But I web at WA THIS YEAR and we will catch up.

Bruce Friend
    Participant

Per change in rule, one can tap down all marks on the green except for aeration and natural wear and tear. Tapping down a pitch mark is allowed per how I understand the change in the rules that took place a few years ago.

Bob Newman
    Participant

He was in the fringes, collar area, cut to fairway height. In a situation where one might putt over the area you can not repair a pitch mark.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Bob Newman.
    Bob Newman
    Participant

I’m in. Just under the wire. Looking forward to it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Call Us at 1-800-833-8798

HTML Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com