Home Forums The World Am Bulletin Board Why 3 somes

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Mike Cheeseman
    Participant

Are we going to use split tees. #1 and #10

Aaron Ellis
    Participant

All courses will be split tees except 4 of them

Bob Newman
    Participant

A lot of courses are using tee times versus shotgun because it frees up congestion on driving range and clubhouse when handling large groups. Several of the associations I with has gone to this. I actually prefer it to the shotgun start.

Charles Mines
    Participant

Bob, I agree with you. I play on the Golfweek AM Tour and we went to tee times instead of shotgun. It is better, as you don’t have over 100 players fighting for a spots on the range and the putting green. I don’t feel rushed anymore and I have found myself having a better start to my round.

Mike Sigmon
    Participant

Hey Bob, & Charles,
    I have to agree I have always been in favor of tee times over shotgun starts, At any type of golf tournament I’ve ever played in as Charles said some years at the W/A it’s just pot luck getting on the putting greens at some of the courses with a small putting green. I still have a token for range balls from a few years back at one of the courses I played I was walking over to the range with another guy and we looked as we got to the ball machine and it was full with like 10 people waiting for a spot on the range can’t post on here what that said lol…

Bob Newman
    Participant

One thing that the local pros need to do though is have a starter there with the Rules off Competition along with any approved Local Rules. We won’t have the usual announcements to the whole group. Our groups have not even been switching scorecards. You keep you’re own and use the box to keep one opponent score. Verify at the end and turn them on. I’m interested to see how the WA handles this. I think we will have to verify with official scoring in some way to make sure everything is legit. The tee times will allow us to go in as a group to hand in scorecards. So that in itself should handle this.

Tommy Briggs
    Blocked

When you are walking around the PGA Tour Superstore this year trying to figure out what you need or want for $20.00 take a look in the training tools section. They sell this as a training aid but I have used it hundreds of times at tournaments when I can not find any room on the putting green. It is probably the best $7.99 I have ever spent, it is definitely the most use I have ever gotten out of $7.99..

https://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/putting-cup/2000000007693.html?dwvar_2000000007693_STK_COLOR=16&cgid=#q=putting%2Bcups&lang=en_US&start=1

James Carter
    Participant

Hey Bob. I play a lot of tournaments through the Carolina Golf Association (CGA), and they have started using the USGA Tournament Management App. One person in the foursome has the app and keeps everyone’s scores. It uploads real time and gives you a leaderboard look to see where you stand. At the end of the round, each golfer goes to the scorers table where they have a big monitor, and verify their scores. Once they say it’s good, it’s in and you don’t have to worry about turning in a card. It works great. They have also gone to tee times vs shotgun starts for their tournaments. Hopefully Scott and the WAM team are taking a look at it as an option.

Tommy Briggs
    Blocked

James the WA has used Golf Genius in the past, it sounds like the same app you are talking about. We have use GG in all Florida State Golf Association tournaments for the last couple of years and it works well provided you can get someone in each group to be responsible for entering scores.

James Carter
    Participant

Hi Tommy. I remember golf genius but don’t think I used it. I have volunteered to keep the scores in my groups because it keeps me focused, and I do it with my buddies when we play lol.

Bob Newman
    Participant

James, you ever played in the 4Ball at Camden County Club with the CGA. I usually volunteer a lot for them, mainly junior golf, they have not wanted officials thru July. Great organization, run their tournaments very well.

James Carter
    Participant

Hi Bob. I’ve not played the 4ball at Camden Country Club, but it’s on my radar. My girlfriend and I finished 1st low net in the cga 4ball at Country Club of Asheville a few weeks ago 👍🏾

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Call Us at 1-800-833-8798

HTML Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com